Train the trainer of MBAR was developed by Dr. Valerie Mason-John M.A. (hon.doc) and Dr. Paramabandhu Groves Ph.D.
How to become an MBAR Trainer
(part one and two can be done in any order – but you must do both)
- Complete a 4-week 0n-line MBAR, next one begins August 2019 online intensive MBAR training
- Or participate in an 8-week MBAR train the trainer course (check facilitators on the website, if there is no one in your area then doing the online course is for you.
- There will be people with lived experience on this course – which makes the learning more beneficial.
WHAT YOU LEARN
- Mindfulness & Meditative Techniques
- Triggers that can create a relapse
- The Internal Barometer
- High-Risk Situations
- Emergency Action Plan.
- MBAR MODELS: The Vicious Cycle: FIDO: Four Basic Needs of the Heart.
- Attend a 3 day in person Train the Trainer course –
- Learn how to deliver the course
- Learn how to facilitate the Vicious Cycle, FIDO
- Learn interactive games to help enhance learning
- Learn how to deliver the Breathing Space
- Reflect on your own relationship to addiction
- Facilitate clients to become aware of their internal barometers and triggers, and high-risk situations
- Eight Step Approach to Addiction
- Participants will also learn how to run an 8 Step Recovery Meeting, which is an alternative or complement to 12 step meetings, SMART recovery meetings or any other support a person may have to assist their recovery.
- There could also be people with lived experience on the course, which is also beneficial to the learning.
DATES FOR NEXT IN-PERSON TRAINING
June Friday 28th to June Sunday 30th – London UK for more information click here
July I will be in Spain working in translation – 5 day training for more information contact
All train the trainers are currently delivered by one of the co-founders, or with the co-founder and someone in training.
- Deliver the 8-week course
- One Supervision of delivery of the course in your work/community setting – done via Zoom
- Write a self-reflection of the course –
- You are also required to attend a 7 day or longer meditation retreat of your choice, within the year of the training, and write a self-reflection.
Who is Training for?
The training is for experienced meditation practitioners, people with an understanding of mindfulness, and health care providers working in the field of addiction. Preferably people who have completed an 8 weeks recognized Mindfulness course or have done a Mindfulness Diploma and above. Group skills and teaching skills are also preferred but not an absolute requirement. The training consists of the following.
Outcomes of the Training
- Understand the MBAR course and be able to co-facilitate a course in your institution as part of your work practice or at your local Buddhist center.
- Understand the nature of addiction and compulsive behaviors and how it relates to your own life.
- Understanding of meditation and mindfulness in relation to addiction.
- Identify your existing skills in working effectively with mindfulness for addictions and compulsive behaviors and increase your confidence in applying them.
This training is available in Spanish – For more information about the Spanish Online course and Train the Trainer – contact Conplenaconcia below.
The next in-person Train the Trainer in Spain July 2019 email email@example.com
All in-person train the trainer is conducted by the co-founder of V Mason-John, with translation in Spanish speaking territories.
Who we have Trained
- Employees of the State of Michigan
- Social Workers
- Recovery Centres
- Recovery Coaches
- Natropaths, Masseuse’s